Over the years, I have tried a host of products for caring for my combination skin, as well as makeup. I often get asked what I use. In no specific order and not all inclusive, here is a list of some of my favorites at this time, a/k/a my “product edit”:
1. Burberry Oxblood Lipstick: This color is amazing and looks fabulous on fair skin. It is a mix between a deep red and a deep plum. The pigment is vibrant, the color creamy, and this lipstick lasts. It is just enough of a vampy look without being too dark. I fell in love with this color last fall/winter after hearing so many rave reviews.
2. Bobbi Brown Sparkle Eyeshadow: This shadow adds just the right amount of shimmer to eyelids. I am a fan of the Silver Moon & Sunlight shades. Both look great on blondes and I have worn for both day and night, just applying more for the latter.
3. MAC Pink Lipstick: MAC has so many amazing colors but I am hooked on Please Me. This is my go to color for day and night, soft but just the right amount of color. It is depicted in many of the shots on my blog.
4. Chanel Le Volume Mascara: Incredible. Love. Addicted. I have tried so many mascaras and this is by far my favorite. When I am wearing it, I receive so many compliments on my lashes. Lengthens and volumizes.
5. Chanel Mousse Douceur Cleanser: I have very sensitive skin and this is the first cleanser that cleans but does not over dry/strip my skin. I have found it perfect for keeping my skin clean with daily use of makeup, being in the city (pollution, etc.), or for my active country horseback riding life that involves lots of dirt & dust.
6. Chanel Powder Foundation w/ spf: This powder foundation is great on its own or for added coverage. The spf protection is an added bonus.
7. Chanel Foundation: This foundation is just the right amount of coverage and makes one’s face look fresh but flawless. It is oil-free and also has spf.
8. Chanel Eye-Makeup Remover: My eyes, like my skin, are very sensitive and this remover does not irritate either. It works great even with my heavy mascara use.
9. Chanel Waterproof Eyeliner: So many great colors here and does not smudge or smear.
10. Lancôme Absolue Night Cream: Hydrates but does not cause breakouts or leave skin feeling oily. I have used it for years and it works well on my combination plus sensitive skin.