A good walk with my dogs can change my day and lift my spirit–it is the power of the presence of dogs in a person’s life. Animals are truly good for the spirit.
Quotes for Foxy: (all heart and soul and smart as a whip)
1) Fall in love with a dog and in many ways you enter a new orbit, a new universe that features not just new colors, but new rituals, new rules, a new way of experiencing attachment.” ~Caroline Knapp
Foxy is a gentle soul with the kindest heart and these big beautiful brown eyes.
Quotes for Zoey: (the biggest heart in a small package and a bit wacky)
1) “Dogs treat us a very important lesson in life: the mailman is not to be trusted.” ~Sian Ford. Thank goodness when we moved to the suburbs with a mailbox and not a mailslot.
2) “It is not the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog.” ~Mark Twain. She is the sweetest thing, pint sized, but a wolf at heart.
Details on the outfit:
I love being comfortable while I am out walking my dogs so I cannot say enough about the comfort of each piece.
1. Chaser Graphic Tee (from Revolve). I have accumulated a few Chaser tees thus far. They are fun with good prints and colors. I especially liked the “camo” green of this one and the distressed look.
2. J Brand Skinny Jeans (from Nordstrom). I cannot say enough about how slimming yet how comfortable these jeans are. In a pinch, I could easily go horseback riding in these, they are that comfortable. They also look fantastic, as well, and hold up after washing.
3. TOMS booties (from Nordstrom). I get compliments on these boots all the time and discovered them and the brand a few years ago when I was shopping the Rag & Bone bootie but did not want to spend a fortune. These are extremely comfortable and look great. I especially like the sand color for spring/summer. The best part, they are under $100 but have an expensive look.
4. Ariat black hat (from Amazon). This is a great all purpose hat that keeps me stylish and protects me from the sun. I am a huge fan of Ariat products, a nod to my equestrian background. Incidentally, this hat is equally popular to both genders. My husband liked it so much we purchased one for him, as well. A plain black hat is especially nice as it can give a bit of “edge” to one’s outfit, with no distracting colors or logos. There is the trademark Ariat / interlocking horseshoe logo but it is essentially embedded within the hat with black thread.
5. Free People Bralette (from Nordstrom). Light and comfortable, perfect for hot humid days, but very feminine with lace. It comes in several great colors–I kept it basic with black and ivory. The back is a racerback style which can be nice for summer tops.
6. Stella & Dot wrap bracelet. I picked this up at a friends S&D party but one can get online. The basic black with the detailing can add an edgy touch to any outfit.
7. Sonya Renee hoop earrings. I have several pairs of S&R earrings. They are reasonably priced, stunning, and unique.
8. J Crew Horse Belt. This is an old but favorite piece. Again, a nod to my love of equestrian inspired fashion.
9. Jimmy Choo Sunglasses (Old).